Stress Management-Tyre Campus
Stress is a feeling of strain and pressure. It is a type of psychological pain. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous. Stress is your body's reaction to a challenge or demand.
Students in general face a lot of stress and for this the PR event management class and the school of education organized an event entitled “Stress It Out” at Tyre campus.
The School of Education organized an interactive lecture about psychological stress management by Dr Nadine Joudi, who teaches Psychology and English at LIU. While the PR Event Management students organized a combination of fun and stress relieving activities that included:
1. Painting: Several canvases were provided to paint and let the students express their feelings through the brush.
2. Food designing: Students were also able to design food such as cupcakes and muffins using frosting and sprinkles as it’s believed to be a way of stress relieving.
3. Coloring: There were coloring books and some crayons to color drawings.
4. Upcycling: This is basically re-using old stuff that one might not need any more to create something new out of it.
5. Arts and crafts: This involved making crafts, dream catchers and jewelries from wool and clay and painting them and much more.
6. Planting: Students were given the opportunity to plant seeds or flowers and at the end of the event, they get to keep them.
7. Games: One of the games was having water balloons and students get to throw them at a wooden wall with several examples of problems one might cause stress such as tests, parental expectations, future, financial problems so on. There was different kinds of social games such as chess, backgammon, and Pachisi.
Written by Moustafa Dahi (comm200 student) and PR event management students.