The office of International Relations (OIR) at LIU is of the purpose in pursuing LIU’s internationalization aspiration Indeed, the OIR is responsible for developing and coordinating international relations and activities, among others, it includes initiatives concerning students and staff mobility, international educational agreements, funding opportunities and alike.
Given the global orientation of the Lebanese International University, the office of International Relations is an instrumental and indispensable asset towards making significant progress for such purpose and direction. In this regard, actions are afoot in crafting a strategic plan that will set out goals, objective at various levels:
- Internationalization: The office will work on the development and implementation of the strategic plan for internationalization, which will also include adapting LIU’s curricula to align with international competences and standards as well as enhancing LIU’s profile and reputation.
- The office in coordination with other academic units will strive to forge partnerships with foreign universities on providing joint or dual degree programs. Additionally, the office will play an important role in enhancing the university's international network and participating in calls for international project proposals.
- International reference point: The OIR as a central hub within the university will manage and supervise all international activities as well as act as a reference to any international student/ faculty / staff mobility exchange and mobility.
- International Image and Outreach: Step by step, the OIR will be building on the international profile of LIU, scaling up to reach new audiences abroad.
- The office will work on developing and managing international exchange and mobility opportunities for LIU students / faculty and staff.
- The office will assist students and staff in activities concerning mobility, scholarship opportunities, exchange programs, and available grants.
- The office shall foster and so maintain contact with alumni.
- Students will gain international experience, developing global skills they need to succeed in the 21st century job market.