Responsibilities of the student
Every student ay LIU has the responsibility to:
- Be aware of the educational objectives of LIU and to observe them.
- Know the academic policies of the University.
- Check university-assigned e-mail account and mailbox regularly for correspondence from faculty and administrators that may address particular applications of policies and procedures to his or her academic classes and records as well as individual financial or student development issues.
- Understand and complete all requirements to earn a degree.
- Consult with his or her faculty advisor each semester regarding academic planning for the next semester.
- Make own academic decisions. Advisors are the agents of LIU and students may rely on the advisor's information. The advisor is there to inform; the students make the decision.
- Keep his or her advisor informed about any changes in academic progress, course selection and goals.